Sunday, September 22, 2013

Catch up!

August 17, 2013
This was the day my mom, Hunter, Kobi (our boxer) and I drove out to my parents house from Cochrane, Alberta to Qualicum Beach, BC. 
Hunter, Kobi and I would be out there for 17 days. Kelly unfortunalty had to work so was unable to join us. He missed us a lot. My mom flew out the day before our travels so that I wouldn't have to drive by myself. We were going to split the drive up into two days so it wasn't as hard on Hunter. Or atleast that was what we thought. 
Our first day wasn't a great travel day. We made it to Golden but there was a very bad car accident just outside Revelstoke that had shut the entire highway down both east and west for 10 hours. This didn't make for a happy baby. By the time we were able to go we made it to Revelstoke at 9:30. It was so late and we were all tired that we tried to stay there but all the hotels were booked and it was pouring rain. Thankfully my mom booked a hotel in salmon arm the week before, so we could continue on to salmon arm with a guarantee we had a room. We made it there at 11. What a long day! 
The second day wasn't so bad, we drove for about 3 hours until we arrived to new Westminster where my brother lives with his girlfriend Megan! We stayed there for about an hour. It was really nice seeing them again. We last saw them when Hunter was 3 weeks old. 
          Happy to be in the hotel room!
               Uncle Drew!
Then we drove to the ferry terminal, it's about an hour and a half to the Island from Vancouver.

                     First ferry ride!

When we were on the island we spent lots of time shopping and hanging out at the lake! It was great! 
Hunter was able to meet my Oma and Opa who are my moms parents for the first time! That was pretty special! 

Kobi had a great time in the water every day! Digging for rocks is his specialty!

      Chillin like a villan in his little pool!

        What a rough life this pup has!

On Sept 2 we headed home, my friend Nicole flew out for a couple days and then we would drive back together. It was a fairly uneventful trip back what was great!
                Second ferry ride!

               Made it to Hope!

  We made it to Revelstoke!! Hunter is a      happy boy!!

And then we were home within 4 hours. We stopped in lake Louise to get a coffee and something to eat. It was pretty smooth sailing from there! All in all it was a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment